Hot on the heels of U.S. President Donald Trump announcing that Huawei is allowed to do business with American companies again, the technology giant is launching a new smartphone in the Philippines. Great timing.
(We have an update! Read Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 pops up for only P12,990 [$254] in PH. Our final verdict in this article: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 review: Moving up.)
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019, its first smartphone locally with a pop-up selfie camera, will become official in a few hours. And if there’s one thing we can say, it’s that the device looks stunning. We’re especially loving our Emerald Green review unit.
We got a variant whose Kirin 710F chip is paired with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, so we’re assuming that the version that’s going to be released in the country has that memory configuration. We’ll give you an update on that — plus the price and availability — later. Our review should be up soon as well.
For now, watch our unboxing of this new model and take in the beauty that is the Y9 Prime 2019.
#HuaweiY9PopsUp. Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 unboxing
You can see the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 for yourself in one of the roadshows scheduled for July.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 specs
- 6.59-inch LCD display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution (19.5:9)
- Octa-core Kirin 710F processor
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage (up to 512GB through microSD)
- Triple 16MP, 8MP (ultra wide), 2MP (depth) rear cameras
- Pop-up 16MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- 4,000mAh battery with USB-C charging
- EMUI 9 on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: We heard the green, blue, and black variants will be available here
Share this Post