Vivo Philippines has been a bit quiet for some time now. It hasn’t really launched any smartphone lately. But wait, that silence is about to end soon.
(Update, August 31: It’s official! Read this: Vivo S1 with AMOLED screen, 4,500mAh battery priced in PH.)
For the first time ever, the company will introduce a device from its S series, the Vivo S1. And if we have to choose one word to describe it (especially the Skyline Blue color variant), it’s “stylish.”
There’s no word yet on the Vivo S1’s exact launch date, but we’re expecting it to be released here not later than September.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P65 chip paired with up to 6GB of RAM and as much as 128GB of onboard storage — at least the versions that are available in India. Pricing in the Southern Asian country is as follows:
- 4GB/128GB: ₹17,990 (around P13,101 or $250)
- 6GB/64GB: ₹18,990 (P13,829 or $264)
- 6GB/128GB: ₹18,990 (P14,557 or $278)
Some of the highlights of the Vivo S1 include a big, 6.38-inch AMOLED front panel that supports Always On Display at a low power consumption; a 32-megapixel selfie camera; triple cameras on the back; an in-screen fingerprint sensor; and a large, 4,500mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast charging.
Vivo S1 specs
- 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek Helio P65 processor
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 4GB/6GBGB RAM
- 6GB/128GB storage, expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Triple rear cameras: 16MP, f/1.8 (wide); 8MP, f/2.2 (ultra-wide); 2MP, f/2.4 (depth sensor)
- 32MP (f/2.0) front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- Ultra Game Mode
- 4,500mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast charging
- MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- FuntouchOS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Skyline Blue, Diamond Black
Share this Post