OPPO Philippines has silently released a smartphone meant for the entry-level market.
Based on a post by MemoXpress, one of the biggest retailers in the country, the OPPO A31 is now available for a suggested retail price of P8,990, or around $180 in U.S. currency. This puts it in the same price range as the Samsung Galaxy A20s and Huawei Y7p, which both retail for P9,990 ($200).
At MemoXpress stores, you can get the unit in monthly installments — for P749.17 ($15) in 12 months.
The OPPO A31 was first launched in Indonesia three weeks ago. It features an AI triple camera on the back and an 8-megapixel selfie camera housed in a waterdrop notch at the top center of the big, 6.5-inch screen.
A 4,230mAh battery powers the unit, while Android 9-based ColorOS 6.1 ships with it. A rear-mounted fingerprint sensor is included for unlocking the phone.
Available in Fantasy White, Mystery Black, and Lake Green colors, the A31 uses MediaTek’s Helio P35, with the chip mated to 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. Other P35 handsets include the company’s own OPPO A5s, which has proven to be a bestseller since its launch.
Another OPPO phone that’s expected to be unveiled locally is the OPPO Find X2 Pro. Stay tuned for that if you’re looking for a flagship model.
OPPO A31 specs
- 6.5-inch waterdrop LCD display, 1,600 x 720 resolution (20:9)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB expandable storage
- Triple 12-megapixel, f/1.8 (main), 2-megapixel (depth), 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 4,230mAh battery
- ColorOS 6.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Fantasy White, Mystery Black, and Lake Green
Share this Post