After being in the rumor mill for weeks, the OPPO A92 is finally official, launching first in Malaysia today, May 4.
(Update, June 20: Our review is up! Read OPPO A92 review: A+ for design.)
(Update, June 16: And we’ve unboxed it! Read OPPO A92 unboxing, first impressions: Oozing with style.)
(Update, June 10: On its way to the Philippines! Read Soon in PH: OPPO A92 with 48MP quad camera, 5,000mAh battery.)
The smartphone is similar to the OPPO A52 that was announced for the Chinese market two weeks ago. They share the same design language; the same 6.5-inch punch-hole screen, 5,000mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast charging, and Android 10-based ColorOS 7.1, side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Both smartphones are also powered by the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chip mated to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Except that the A92 boasts cameras that has higher megapixel counts. The back features a quad-camera system headlined by a 48-megapixel shooter instead of 12 megapixels. The front, on the other hand, has 16 megapixels instead of 8.
In Malaysia, the OPPO A92 is priced at RM1,199, which is around P14,004 in Philippine pesos and $277 in U.S. dollars. OPPO has begun accepting preorders for the device and will continue to do so until the 8th. Availability of the handset is scheduled for May 9. But in the Philippines? We’ll see about that.
OPPO A92 (and OPPO Enco W31) online launch in Malaysia. Program starts at the 13:10 mark
OPPO A92 specs
- 6.5-inch LCD display, FHD+ resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage
- Quad 48-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel (ultra wide), 2-megapixel (macro), 2-megapixel (depth) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging via USB-C
- ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10
- Colors: Twilight Black and Shining White
Share this Post