The Redmi 9 has recently launched in China, following its unveiling in Europe. The phone is now official in the Philippines as well.
(Update, July 2: Our review is up! Read Redmi 9 review: Does it meet, exceed, or betray expectations?)
In case you need a refresher, Xiaomi‘s Redmi 9 is the successor to last year’s entry-level Redmi 8, and it’s cheaper than any model in the Redmi Note 9 series. It’s also the most affordable smartphone we’ve seen so far with a quad-camera setup and a respectable MediaTek Helio G80 chipset under the hood.
The Redmi 9 comes in three colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple, which is the version we have. Locally, the base model is priced at P6,990 (around $140 converted) in the Philippines, while the 4GB/64GB variant costs P7,490 ($150). You can purchase the unit now from Lazada or Shopee, though it should hit physical stores soon as well.
If you’re interested — and if you’re in the market for a low-cost quality handset — watch our unboxing video in this article to see the device in action and find out what it ships with. We’ll be coming out with our full review of the Redmi 9 soon, so watch for that over the next couple of days.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 unboxing video
Redmi 9 specs
- 6.53-inch LCD display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB storage
- Quad 13-megapixel, f/2.2 (main); 8-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide); 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth), 5-megapixel; f/2.4 (macro) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,020mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging, 10-watt in-box charger
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple
Share this Post