So the ad that we spotted June 6th was correct, after all. Xiaomi’s Redmi 9 budget phone is indeed priced at P6,990 (around $139) for the 3GB/32GB variant and at P7,490 ($149) for the 4GB/64GB version.
(Update, July 2: Our review is up! Read Redmi 9 review: Does it meet, exceed, or betray expectations?)
(Update, June 25: We’ve unboxed it! See Watch: Redmi 9 unboxing, hands-on video.)
More good news: You can buy the base model at an even lower price tomorrow, June 16th, when it becomes officially available at the Xiaomi Official Global Store on Shopee Philippines. At the brand’s early-bird flash sale, it’s going to sell for only P6,490 ($129) — P500 ($10) off its SRP. But take note that the smartphone will also be rolled out to other sales channels starting June 30.
The Redmi 9 has been announced for the Philippine market on the same day of the POCO F2 Pro’s local launch. It’s the first entry-level Redmi unit to feature four cameras on the back: a 13-megapixel primary assisted by 8-megapixel ultra-wide, 5-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth shooters.
The selfie camera is 8 megapixels and is housed in a notch at the top of the 6.53-inch screen with TÜV Rheinland low-blue-light certification and Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The Redmi 9 uses a MediaTek Helio G80, the same chip that powers the Realme 6i. It boasts a 5,020mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast wired charging and runs Android 10-based MIUI 11.
Redmi 9 specs
- 6.53-inch LCD display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB storage
- Quad 13-megapixel, f/2.2 (main); 8-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide); 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth), 5-megapixel; f/2.4 (macro) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,020mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging, 10-watt in-box charger
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple
Share this Post