So while checking the Philippine telcos’ respective online stores to find out more about their postpaid plans for the newly launched OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G, we stumbled upon something else.
Remember the OPPO A53 2020, the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 phone that we spotted on the local site of Lazada a few days ago? Well, it’s actually already being offered by Globe Telecom.
The device, which is only available in Fancy Blue, is free at Plan 799. For P799 (roughly $17) a month for two years, you get 3GB of data, unlimited text to all networks, unlimited calls to Globe and TM subscribers, and 50 minutes of All-Net calls. One gigabyte of data per month is also allocated solely for all your Facebook-access needs.
Each subscription until November 14 comes with a free Hikvision 64GB memory card.
OPPO Philippines has not revealed the existence of the smartphone yet, let alone the OPPO A53 2020’s suggested retail price. On Lazada, the unit’s SRP is still P99,999 ($2,066), which is obviously just a placeholder. But go search for it on Facebook, and you’ll see promoters selling it for P8,990 ($186).
Don’t worry, we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as there’s an update from the company itself. Till then.
OPPO A53 2020 specs
- 6.5-inch LCD display, 720 x 1,600 resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Triple 13-megapixel (main), 2-megapixel (macro), and 2-megapixel (depth) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging via USB-C
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
- Colors: Fancy Blue, Electric Black, Mint Green, Fairy White
Share this Post