While checking Lazada Philippines’ LazMall for devices that may be released locally soon, we stumbled upon a listing at OPPO‘s official store that you can only see if you go to the last page of the shop.
(Update, October 28: Whoa! The OPPO A53 2020 is already available on postpaid!)
The OPPO A53 2020 product page is already up at the online store, indicating that the unit will soon be available in the Philippines. The 4GB/64GB model in Mint Cream, Electric Black, Fancy Blue, and Fairy White color variants. The P99,999 (around $2,066) price you’ll find there is just a placeholder, but a quick search on Facebook reveals promoters selling it for P8,990 ($186).
If true, then the OPPO A53 2020 will be the most affordable smartphone with a 90Hz refresh rate. Scrolling through menus, playing supported games, and the like should be smoother here than on handsets with a lower refresh rate.
Recall that this year’s A53 was launched in end-August as the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 phone. Don’t you mock the chip now. We discovered that it’s actually a good one at its price point, even better than the MediaTek Helio G35 in the Redmi 9C and Realme C15. You can get an idea of how it performs in real life in our performance review of the Vivo Y20i.
The OPPO A53 2020 also features a 13-megapixe triple camera on the back, a 16-megapixel selfie shooter, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18 watts of fast charging, and Android 10 layered with ColorOS 7.2.
OPPO A53 2020 specs
- 6.5-inch LCD display, 720 x 1,600 resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Triple 13-megapixel (main), 2-megapixel (macro), and 2-megapixel (depth) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging via USB-C
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
- Colors: Fancy Blue, Electric Black, Mint Green, Fairy White
Share this Post