There have been many exciting stories in October, but this certainly is one of the most exciting developments this month. OPPO Philippines has revealed that it’s bringing the OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G, making it the first-ever MediaTek Dimensity smartphone in the country.
Dimensity chips have proven to be powerful, as many of them have consistently topped the Antutu Benchmark charts in China for months now. Finally, one device it powers has reached our shores.
According to OPPO, the Reno 4 Z 5G Dimensity 800 handset will be exclusively available for purchase at Globe Telecom and Smart Communications. You have a choice between Ink Black and Dew White colors. What’s more, the 5G-ready phone is priced at only P20,990 (around $434) — and it comes bundled with a free Rock Space EB51 earbuds worth P3,199 ($66).
You may also get the OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G with a postpaid plan. At Globe, you can take it home starting tomorrow, October 29, by subscribing to Globe ThePLAN 1799 with only P500 ($10) cash out. For two years, you’ll receive the following:
- 16GB of data per month;
- unlimited All-Net text per month;
- unlimited calls to Globe/TM per month;
- 50 minutes of All-Net calls per month;
- 1GB of data allocation for Facebook access per month;
- free subscription to Amazon Prime Video for 6 months (no data included); and
- 3 months of subscription to iflixVIP (no data included).
At Smart, the OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G is available at Smart Signature Device Plan 1499 (M). You pay P1,599 ($33) per month for two years plus a one-time cash out of P3,520 ($73). The postpaid offer comes with the following every month:
- 10 GB of data;
- unlimited On-Net calls;
- 100 minutes of AnyNet calls; and
- unlimited AnyNet texts.
The new Reno will be up for preorder at Smart Stores nationwide and the Smart Online Store beginning October 30.
Besides boasting a MediaTek Dimensity 800 processor, this model also features a 6.57-inch 120Hz screen. Most smartphone displays these days only have a 60Hz refresh rate. Take note that the higher the number, the smoother the operation will be, particularly when navigating the homescreen and certain apps.
The Reno 4 Z 5G likewise sports 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, a 48-megapixel quad camera, a 16-megapixel dual selfie shooter, a fingerprint sensor on the side, a 4,000mAh battery with support for 18 watts of fast charging, and Android 10 layered with ColorOS 7.1. It’s only OPPO’s second 5G-ready phone here after the underrated Find X2 Pro.
OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G official product video
OPPO Reno 4 Z 5G specs
- 6.57-inch LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 800 processor with 5G
- Mali-G57 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Quad 48-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel (ultra-wide), 2-megapixel (mono), 2-megapixel (portrait) rear cameras
- Dual 16-megapixel (main), 2-megapixel (depth) front cameras
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 4,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C charging
- ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10
- Color options: Ink Black, Dew White
Share this Post