Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
It was only a matter of time. Xiaomi has finally revealed the launch date of its MIUI 12.5-based flagship phone in the Philippines.
(Update, February 25: The Mi 11 has been launched in the Philippines! Read this for details: Xiaomi Mi 11 official in PH. Price, specs, availability, freebies here.)
According to the company, the Xiaomi Mi 11 will go official in the country exactly a week from today, on February 25 — or a little over two weeks since the device was unveiled globally.
Xiaomi Philippines announces the Mi 11’s launch date
The Xiaomi Mi 11 will be the first Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 handset for the local market, so its launch is something we’re looking forward to seeing. And it is, after all, the best-performing flagship smartphone on the Antutu platform.
Besides a 5nm Snapdragon 888 chip, the Mi 11 also boasts a 108-megapixel main rear camera paired with 13-megapixel ultra-wide and 5-megapixel macro lenses. Inside the punch-hole cutout of the unit’s screen is a 20-megapixel selfie sensor. What’s more, the primary, ultra-wide, and front-facing cameras all offer Night mode.
The 6.81-inch OLED display is likewise worth mentioning, as it has a 2K resolution; high refresh and touch-sampling rates of 120Hz and 480Hz, respectively; and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for added drop protection.
Charging the Xiaomi Mi 11’s 4,600mAh battery should be fast, because the phone supports wired charging up to 55 watts and a maximum of 50-watt wireless charging. As has been reported, the global edition of this flagship model ships with a 55-watt GaN charger, unlike its Chinese counterpart.
In Europe, the Mi 11’s 8GB/128GB version is priced at €749 (roughly P43,843 or $904) while the 8GB/256GB variant costs €799 (P46,770 or $964). Take note that consumer electronics there is more expensive than in the Philippines, so expect the phone to be easier on the budget here.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specs
- 6.81-inch OLED with punch-hole display, 3,200 x 1,440 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch-sampling rate, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 5nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple 108-megapixel, f/1.85 (main), 13-megapixel, f/2.4 (ultra wide), 5-megapixel (macro) rear cameras
- 20-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 4,600mAh battery with 55-watt wired fast charging, 50-watt wireless fast charging
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Colors: Cloud White, Horizon Blue, and Midnight Grey
Share this Post