Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
MediaTek launched the flagship-grade Dimensity 1100 chip alongside the Dimensity 1200 in January. And now, it’s finally on the commercial market, thanks to Vivo.
The company, one of the biggest in the world, has launched the Vivo S9 5G in China with the Vivo S9e 5G tagging along with it. The 8GB/128GB model is priced at ¥2,999 (roughly P22,503 or $462 converted), and the version with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage costs ¥3,299 (P24,770 or $508). Preorders for the device are already up, but availability is still scheduled for March 12.
The S9’s 5G chipset is fabricated on a 6nm process and integrates ARM’s Cortex-A78 core, which the high-end Samsung Exynos 2100 and Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 also use as one of their big cores alongside a faster Cortex-X1 prime core. It was spotted on Antutu with a benchmark score of close to 600,000.
Just like the S7, the Vivo S9 5G is endorsed by South Korean pop group Blackpink member Lisa Manoban
Yes, the Vivo S9 5G does look like its predecessor — and even shares many of the latter’s specs. With the newly launched phone, it seems that the brand focused on perfecting the Vivo S7 5G.
It’s not just about a better chipset and a higher maximum memory configuration. Unlike the model from last year, the S9 now has an AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh and 180Hz retouch-sampling rates; OriginOS based on Android 11; a 136% bigger heat-dissipation chamber; a faster UFS 3.1 storage; and a thinner frame at 7.35mm. It now likewise has two front-facing soft lights, so you can take better selfies in dimly lit environments.
3D Five-Fold Super Texture Beauty mode
There are also new camera-related features, such as 3D Five-Fold Super Texture Beauty mode for adding three-dimensional facial highlights and other 3D-enhancement techniques; AI Noise Reduction and AI Brightening for low-light situations; and Vlog mode.
Will it be released in the Philippines? If yes, will it be part of the V series, similar to when the S7 became available in the country as the Vivo V20 Pro 5G? We’re curious.
Vivo S9 5G specs
- 6.44-inch AMOLED dual-punch-hole display, 2,400 x 1,080 pixel resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core 6nm MediaTek Dimensity 1100 processor
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple rear cameras: 64-megapixel, f/1.89 main + 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra wide + 2-megapixel, f/2.4 monochrome
- Dual front cameras: 44-megapixel, f/2.0 main + 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra wide
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 4,000mAh battery with support for 33-watt fast wired charging
- Android 10-based Funtouch OS 10.5
- Colors: Black, white, and gradient
Share this Post