Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Vivo Philippines has added a new member to its bestselling series of mobile phones.
(Update, May 4: Our review of the Vivo Y12s is up!)
The country’s No. 1 smartphone vendor has launched the Vivo Y12s, just a little over two weeks after it introduced the Vivo Y20s (G). The handset is priced at P6,499 (roughly $135) — or P1,000 ($21) cheaper than the Y20i and Y20i 2021 — and is now available in Glacier Blue and Phantom Black colors nationwide.
The Vivo Y12s is a starter phone that looks like the brand’s more premium units. It has a MediaTek Helio P35 chip coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
The device has a battery rated at 5,000mAh, which Vivo says should help the Y12s last for a maximum of 16.3 hours of HD movie streaming. It gets a side-mounted fingerprint sensor that doubles as a power key. There’s a 13-megapixel primary camera paired with a 2-megapixel one on the back and an 8-megapixel sensor up front. And it ships with Android 10 layered with Funtouch OS 11 out of the box.
Vivo Y12s specs
- 6.51-inch HD+ LCD IPS display, 1,600 x 720 resolution
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage
- Dual-camera setup: 13MP, f/2.2 main and 2MP, f/2.4 secondary
- 8-megapixel, f/1.8 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- Face unlock
- 5,00mAh battery with support for 10-watt fast charging
- Funtouch OS 11 based on Android 10
- Colors: Phantom Black, Glacier Blue
Main image via Instagram
Share this Post