Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
The third member of the RedMagic 6 series is going global.
Nubia has announced that the RedMagic 6R gaming phone will be available for purchase on the international market June 24, or almost a month after the device’s launch in China. Right timing for those of us here who are eyeing the smartphone, as the company’s global store recently added the Philippines to the list of countries where it ships its products.
In a press statement, Nubia has revealed that the RedMagic 6R’s starting prices are $499 (roughly P23,773), €499 (P28,968), and £429 (P28,979), depending on the region. The base model released in China has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, so we’re guessing the company is talking about that version in the email it sent us.
RedMagic 6R official product video
The 5G-ready RedMagic 6R may not look like your typical gaming handset, but don’t get fooled by that; the unit features shoulder buttons and is equipped with powerful specs.
It’s using a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship chip and fast LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. The 6.67-inch screen is AMOLED and has 144Hz refresh and 360Hz touch-sampling rates for a smoother gaming experience. The 4,200mAh battery supports 30 watts of fast charging. And there’s Vapor Chamber liquid-cooling technology to keep things cool.
RedMagic 6R specs
- 6.67-inch AMOLED screen, FHD+, 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 5nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 with 5G
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Quad 64-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel (ultra wide), 2-megapixel (depth), 5-megapixel (macro) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 4,200mAh battery with 30-watt USB-C fast charging
- RedMagic OS 4.0 based on Android 11
- 400Hz shoulder triggers
- Colors: Cosmos, Mercury
You may also want to read these
- Apex Legends Mobile closed beta: First impressions
- Console games in your browser? We try Xbox Cloud Gaming closed beta
- Watch: First 12 minutes of Final Fantasy 8 for Android/iOS
Share this Post