The most affordable 5G Galaxy phone in the Philippines will be joined by its 4G sibling soon.
Though not live at Samsung‘s online store and at the brand’s shops on Shopee and Lazada yet, the Samsung Galaxy A22 4G listing on MemoXpress’ e-commerce site is already up. It’s still listed as “out of stock,” but the good news is the local retailer has revealed that the price of the smartphone is P11,990 (roughly $244), or P2,000 ($41) less than the Galaxy A22 5G.
The cheaper A22 relies on a MediaTek Dimensity G80 paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. That’s the same chip that powers devices such as the Samsung Galaxy A32, Xiaomi Redmi 9, and Realme 6i.
The Samsung Galaxy A22 4G likewise sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, a 48-megapixel quad rear camera, a 13-megapixel selfie shooter, a power key that also serves as a fingerprint reader, and a user interface based on Android 11. A 5,000mAh battery that supports 15 watts of fast charging keeps the unit’s lights on. And all of its three color options — black, mint, and violet — will be available in the country.
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G specs
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen, HD+, 60Hz refresh rate, 600 nits in High Brightness mode
- 12nm octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- Mali-G52 MP2 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel, f/1.8 main; 8-megapixel ultra-wide; 2-megapixel macro; and 2-megapixel depth
- 13-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 15-watt USB-C charging
- OneUI 3.1 based Android 11
- Colors: Black, Mint, Violet
Share this Post