Tonight, the listing for Samsung’s most affordable 5G phone, the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, has finally gone live on the Korean company’s online store in the Philippines and at its brand shop on Lazada.
(Update, July 4: The Samsung Galaxy A22 4G is already priced in the Philippines. Look!)
We expected it. After all, we already spotted its support page weeks ago. At least now we finally know that the device is selling for P13,990 or roughly $288 in the country. That’s the same price as the 4G version of the Galaxy A32.
Official Samsung Galaxy A22 5G unboxing video
Interesting timing because another Dimensity 700 unit, the P11,990 ($246) Realme 8 5G, has just gone on sale in the Philippines. Other locally available handsets that are powered by the said MediaTek chip include the Redmi Note 10 5G and POCO M3 Pro 5G. The launch of the Galaxy should give consumers more 5G-ready options.
The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G features a 48-megapixel triple rear camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing one, a 5,000mAh battery that supports a maximum of 15 watts of fast charging over a USB-C port, a 6.6-inch TFT screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, and a user interface based on Android 11. Stay tuned to its social media accounts for news on the official availability, including perhaps limited-time freebie offers, if there are any.
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G specs
- 6.6-inch TFT display, 1,080 x 2,400+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor with 5G
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel main, 5-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel depth
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 15-watt USB-C fast charging
- Samsung One UI based on Android 11
- Colors: Gray, Mint, Violet
Share this Post