More customers are set to get a boosted mobile experience with Globe Telecom’s newest offers in a bid to push for expanded 5G connectivity in the Philippines.
The Ayala-led telecommunications company has launched its Unli 5G promos across Globe Prepaid, Postpaid, Platinum, and TM. Previously, only Globe Prepaid subscribers were able to avail themselves of unlimited access to the telco’s 5G network. Available as add-ons to Go+ or Go90 and up promos, the following offers are still in place:
- Go5G99 (P99): Valid for 3 days
- Go5G199 (P199): Valid for 7 days
- Go5G299 (P299): Valid for 15 days
For Globe Postpaid and Platinum plan subscribers, there’s Unli5G599, which is a P599 add-on to the main plan allowance and is valid for a month.
TM customers, on the other hand, can take advantage of the following once they are registered to EasySURF50 and up:
- TM5G99 (P99): Valid for 3 days
- TM5G199 (P199): Valid for 7 days
- TM5G299 (P299): Valid for 15 days
Of course, one needs to own a 5G-ready device to be able to subscribe to Unli 5G. Some of the 5G smartphones that are part of Globe’s lineup include the Realme 8 5G, Redmi Note 10 5G, and Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, which are budget-friendly; they are available for as low as GPlan 599. You can see the other 5G-enabled units on offer here.
One must, of course, be in an area where there’s 5G signal. Fortunately, Globe’s 5G outdoor coverage has hit 92% as of June 2021 in the National Capital Region, while nationwide, the telco already has 1,759 5G sites. These are the latest details from Globe:
- At least 92% of Metro Manila has Globe 5G outdoor coverage, with Makati and Pateros having achieved full 5G coverage, followed by Marikina at 99%; Taguig, Mandaluyong, and Caloocan at 98%; and San Juan at 97%.
- Among the central business districts, Ortigas CBD has 98% 5G coverage, followed by Makati CBD and BGC CBD at 97%.
- 5G is accessible in 85% of Cebu City, 77% of Boracay Island, 75% of Bacolod City, and 66% of Iloilo City.
- In Mindanao, 5G coverage stands at 77% in Davao City and 80% in Cagayan De Oro City. Globe is also working on installing seven 5G cell towers in General Santos City and four in Zamboanga City.
Share this Post