Huawei‘s nova series has always been about pushing boundaries, and last year’s nova 7i brought us a 48-megapixel triple-camera setup along with 40-watt fast charging, which was one of the fastest — if not the fastest — in the category at the time of its release.
The Huawei nova 8i takes things further, boasting a 64-megapixel main camera, to go along with the company’s flagship-grade 66-watt SuperCharge standard. We already published our review of the midranger, and found it to be worthy of the nova branding, offering a versatile camera system that can competes with the top of its class, plus the ability to fully charge the battery in well under an hour.
In other words, it’s a solid pick, especially if you’re after an upgrade in the camera department. For more about the nova 8i, check out the embedded video in this article.
In the Philippines, the Huawei nova 8i carries a suggested retail price of P13,999 (around $279 converted). It’s available at the local Huawei Online Store as well as the company’s official brand shops on Lazada and Shopee. Offline, you can buy it from Huawei Experience Stores nationwide.
Huawei nova 8i specs
- 6.67-inch LCD with punch-hole, edgeless display; 2376 x 1080 resolution; 94.7% screen-to-body ratio
- 11nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Quad rear cameras: 64-megapixel, f/1.9 main; 8-megapixel, f/2.4 ultra-wide; 2-megapixel, f/2.4 macro; and 2-megapixel, f/2.4 depth
- 16-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- 4,300mAh battery with 66-watt fast charging
- EMUI 11.1 based on Android 11; Huawei Mobile Services; AppGallery
- Colors: Interstellar Blue, Moonlight Silver, and Starry Black
Share this Post