Win after win after win. OPPO Philippines has another reason to celebrate these days.
The newly launched OPPO F7 broke the first-day sales record of its predecessor, making its debut the most successful for the company yet. While there were 33,000 OPPO F5 units sold on the first day of the phone’s availability in November 2017, this time, the F7 logged 37,687 orders.
People line up for the OPPO F7 on the first day of its availability
We believe this is a testament to what aggressive pricing and a rich feature set can do. Yes, the respective P17,990 (roughly $345) and P21,990 ($422) prices of the 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM models are aggressive for what the OPPO F7 offers. The following are just some of the things we like about the Chinese manufacturer’s latest product:
- Helio P60. Throw that bias against MediaTek out the window. Its latest chipsets are actually underrated. With the P60 keeping the OPPO F7 humming, the smartphone is able to handle graphics-intensive games well. For example, we played NBA 2K18 at high settings and with cloth simulation turned on, and we didn’t experience any problem at all. The platform is also power-efficient. We’ve seen our unit survive close to 15 hours in our video-loop test.
- Cameras, especially the 25-megapixel front shooter. OPPO’s improved AI [artificial intelligence] Beauty Technology is all that: improved. It seems to do a better job of touching up the user’s face to make it seem like it hasn’t been altered in any way.
- Design. The OPPO F7 uses an acrylic back with deep coloring this time around. Surprisingly, it makes the handset look more premium and Instagram-worthy.
Of course, we can’t deny the power of aggressive, well-placed marketing as well. OPPO’s everywhere — at airports and malls, on TV, online…
If you want to see the F7, go to any of the company’s concept stores, kiosks, and authorized retail shops. The smartphone is on display there for sure. Or you may check out the Capture the Real You roadshow at SM Megamall Fashion Hall on April 28 or 29.
OPPO F7 specs
- 6.23-inch LCD display; 2,280 x 1,080 resolution (19:9)
- MediaTek Helio P60 processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB expandable storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 25-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3,400mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo
OPPO F7 TVC starring JoshLia, or Julia Barretto and Joshua Garcia
Share this Post