OPPO F7 review, price and specs on Revu Philippines

OPPO F7 is this Philippine retailer’s top-selling phone overall

In Business, Phones by Ramon LopezLeave a Comment

Just how well did the OPPO F7, released on April 21 in the Philippines, do in local retail? Impressive, if we go by an announcement by one of the country’s biggest chains for mobile devices.

According to MemoXpress, which has nationwide operations in almost every retail location in the Philippines, the OPPO F7 sold enough units in the week of April 23 to 29, 2018 — the first week of the device’s availability — to rank as its top-selling phone model overall. During the said week, it moved more F7 phones than other devices from big brands like Apple, Samsung, and Huawei.

SEE ALSO: OPPO F7 review: Beauty with brains and brawn

It even beat out the Nokia 105, a feature phone that costs a measly P890 (around $17) locally, making the achievement particularly more remarkable. The OPPO F7 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is priced at P17,990 ($348), while the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage edition is understandably more expensive, coming in at P21,990 ($426).

Below is the list of top-selling phone models at MemoXpress stores for April 23 through 29:

  1. OPPO F7
  2. Nokia 105 (dual-SIM version)
  3. Vivo Y53
  4. OPPO A83
  5. Samsung B105E
  6. OPPO A71 2018
  7. Huawei Nova 2i
  8. Huawei Nova 2 Lite
  9. Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
  10. Vivo Y71

The newest addition to the F series has also been named the most popular handset in the P15,000 ($290)-P19,999 ($387) and P20,000 ($387)-P24,999 ($484) price brackets, edging out popular choices like the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, Vivo V9, and ASUS ZenFone 5 by volume sales.

READ ALSO: OPPO F7 performance tests: Powerful and gaming-capable

OPPO Philippines earlier said that the F7 outperformed its predecessor by orders, with 37,687 units sold on the first day of the phone’s availability. A bulk of that number could have come from MemoXpress stores; the manufacturer didn’t break down the shipment details. MemoXpress likewise didn’t comb through the data from the charts it posted, so your guess as to how many phones it sold is as good as ours.

It is estimated that 97 percent of retail sales in the Philippines comprise offline purchases, while the remaining 3 percent come from online platforms such as Lazada and Shopee.

In case you want to see the top phones in each price category

  • 6.23-inch LCD display; 2,280 x 1,080 resolution (19:9)
  • MediaTek Helio P60 processor
  • 4GB/6GB RAM
  • 64GB/128GB expandable storage
  • 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
  • 25-megapixel front camera
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • 3,400mAh battery
  • Android 8.1 Oreo

Share this Post

Learn About This Author

Ramon Lopez

Facebook Twitter

Reviews editor: Ramon "Monch" Lopez has 16 years of professional experience creating and editing content for print and digital publications such as Yahoo. He headed the gadgets-merchandising division of one of the Philippines’ largest retail operators somewhere in between.