Thanks to an ad on Facebook, we at Revü have learned that the Huawei Y5 2019 is going to be available in the Philippines starting June 4.
The budget phone is priced at P5,990 (around $115), or P1,000 ($19) cheaper than the P6,990 ($134) Huawei Y6 Pro 2019. But if you buy it from online retailer Shopee tomorrow, you can get it at a promo price of P4,990 ($96).
The Huawei Y5 2019 was quietly launched in April. At first glance, you’d think it’s the Huawei Y Max. The rear panel has that same leather-like texture you’ll find on the 7.12-inch midrange device. The placement of the back-camera setup and company logo are similar as well. On the front of both smartphones is a dewdrop notch housing the selfie camera at the top and branding at the bottom.
The specs, of course, are different. The Y5 2019 runs on an Helio A22 chip paired with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of native storage. It features a 5.71-inch screen, a 13-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front shooter, and a 3,020mAh battery. It comes with Android 9.0 Pie-based EMUI 9.0 out of the box.
If you’re wondering about that Google issue, we’ll just repeat what we’ve been saying to friends and readers here: Existing Huawei devices running Android are safe.
Huawei Y5 2019 specs
- 5.71-inch dewdrop display, 1,520 x 720 resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Quad-core MediaTek 6761 processor (Helio A22)
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB built-in memory
- MicroSD card, up to 512GB
- 13-megapixel rear auto-focus camera, f/1.8
- 5-megapixel front camera with LED flash, f/2.2
- 3,020mAh battery
- Android 9.0 Pie (EMUI 9.0)
- 147.13mm x 70.78mm x 8.45mm
- 146g (including battery)
- Faux-leather finish
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Amber Brown, Midnight Black
Share this Post