The wait is almost over. Lenovo Philippines today officially announced the Legion Phone Duel, its first gaming phone and may also be one of the most anticipated Android devices on the local market in 2020.
(Update, October 24: Pricing for the Philippine market is out!)
For good reason: The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset with dual-mode 5G, along with other attractive features, such as a 144Hz AMOLED screen, a beefy 5,000mAh battery, and a side-mounted selfie camera that pops up from within the handset’s body when needed.
The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel will be available at authorized Lenovo retailers in the Philippines starting November 1. Local pricing will be announced October 24
The Legion Phone Duel will be available in Vengeance Red and Blazing Blue colors, with the latter arriving with 12GB RAM and 256GB of storage onboard. The red color variant has 16GB RAM and 512GB storage. Both will be available at authorized Lenovo retailers in the Philippines beginning November 1.
According to the company’s local arm, pricing will be unveiled at the Legion launch at ESGS [Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit] 2020 October 24th. In its native China, the different memory configurations of the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel are aggressively priced as follows:
- 8GB/128GB: ¥3,499 (around P24,854 or $512)
- 12GB/128GB: ¥3,899 (P27,695 or $571)
- 12GB/256GB: ¥4,199 (P29,826 or $614)
- 16GB/512GB: ¥5,999 (P42,612 or $878)
Unfortunately, Lenovo Philippines has also confirmed that the local market will be getting the Legion Phone Duel variant that charges up to 65 watts, as opposed to 90 watts in China and other regions.
But even so, the phone is claimed to charge from zero to full capacity in 34 minutes, or zero to 60% in 15 minutes, using the included power brick. Lenovo’s gaming phone also gets two USB-C ports for charging: one on the side and another at the bottom. You’ll need to plug in two charging cables at the same time for the fastest speeds.
Other highlights of Lenovo’s introductory gaming handset include a 240Hz touch-sampling rate for the touchscreen; dual heat pipes with copper foils to lower temperatures while gaming; capacitive shoulder buttons backed by dual x-axis linear motors and 3D motion sensors for better vibration feedback; and front-facing stereo speakers. It runs ZUI 12/Legion OS based on Android 10 out of the box.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel official product video
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel specs
- 6.59-inch AMOLED display, 2,220 x 1,080 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus processor
- 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual 64MP main, 16MP ultra-wide rear cameras
- 20MP side pop-up front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 5,000mAh battery (dual 2,500mAh) with 65- or 90-watt USB-C fast charging depending on the region (65W in PH)
- ZUI 12/Legion OS based on Android 10
- Colors: Blazing Blue and Vengeance Red
Share this Post