More than two weeks ago, we reported that the update to the Samsung’s 5G-ready A52 phone is already on the Korean company’s Philippine site. Today, September 17, we at Revü Philippines found out it has finally gone on sale in the country.
The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is being sold in the Philippines with suggested retail prices of P22,990 (roughly $460) for the version with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and P24,990 ($501) for the unit with more storage at 256GB.
The smartphone is not on the respective websites of Smart Communications and Globe Telecom at this time, but there’s a good chance it will be offered by at least one of these two telcos.
Think of the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G as an upgraded Galaxy A52 5G. Both look exactly the same, which means the A52s also takes after the design of the more premium Galaxy S21 series phones. But out goes the blue shade and in comes an Awesome Mint color variant.
Almost all of the specs of the two models are the same as well — from the 6.5-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate to the 64-megapixel quad rear camera. It’s just that the Galaxy A52s 5G now has a better chip in the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G, which is the same SoC that powers devices such as the Realme GT Master Edition (stay tuned for our unboxing and review of this handset), Honor 50, Honor 50 Pro, and Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G specs
- 6.5-inch Super AMOLED punch-hole display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 6nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage
- Quad 64-megapixel, f/1.8 main, 12-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra wide, 5-megapixel, f/2.4 depth, 5-megapixel, f/2.4 macro rear cameras
- 32-megapixel, f/2.2 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 4,500mAh battery with USB-C fast charging up to 25 watts
- One UI 3.1 on Android 11
- Colors: Awesome Black, Awesome Mint, Awesome White, Awesome Purple
Share this Post