A new model has joined the Reno8 family.
(Update, August 12: We have the OPPO Reno8 series’ launch date for the Philippine market!)
The OPPO Reno8 Z 5G has debuted in Thailand, landing in the Southeast Asian country with a suggested retail price of ฿12,990 (roughly P20,128 or $363). No word yet on its availability in other markets, but our source tells us that this unit and the Reno8 5G will be launched in the Philippines.
The OPPO Reno8 Z 5G is essentially the 5G-enabled Reno7, but with a somewhat-different look, a more colorful option, and a newer user interface.
The rear camera island is now wider, as the left part has now extended to the frame of the smartphone. There’s now a Dawnlight Gold, which mimics gives you that “from dawn to night” effect and is, from our point of view, so much better than the predecessor’s bluish variant — though minimalists can still opt for a black one. And the ColorOS version here is now based on Android 12.
The rest are the same. You get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chip with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, for one. There’s also a 6.43-inch 60Hz AMOLED screen, a 64-megapixel triple camera on the back, a 16-megapixel sensor for selfies, and a 4,500mAh battery that supports up to 33 watts of fast charging.
OPPO Reno8 Z 5G specs
- 6.43-inch 1080p AMOLED display, 60Hz refresh rate
- 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage, expandable via microSD
- 64-megapixel main, 2-megapixel depth, 2-megapixel macro cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint sensor
- 4,500mAh battery
- 33-watt SuperVOOC charging
- ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12
- Color options: Dawnlight Gold, Starlight Black
Share this Post