Owners of select Huawei and Honor smartphones may already join the EMUI 9 beta program, lucky them.
Starting today, users of the following devices may already sign up to get a taste of the Android 9.0 Pie-based user interface ahead of almost everybody:
Find your phone on the list? These are the steps you need to follow to join the program:
- Go to the Friendly User Test page of Huawei’s website.
- Download the Huawei Beta app. Take note that you need to edit your handset’s permission setting to install an application that’s not from the Google Play Store. Just check “Unknown sources” under Settings > Security and privacy > Additional settings.
- Launch the app (make sure your Huawei or Honor phone is not on Airplane mode), accept the terms and conditions, and log in your Huawei ID. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free in no time.
- In the app, go to Personal > Join project. Now, we’re not sure if the Philippines — or wherever you are based — is one of the markets where the beta is available. But if it is and there’s still a slot left, you should be able to see the EMUI 9 beta program. Select that, and click “Sign up.”
You will receive an OTA update after that. If you, at any point, would like to roll back the firmware to the one your smartphone was using prior to signing up for the program, just do the following:
- Launch the Huawei Beta app, and log in your details.
- Once you’re in, select the EMUI 9 beta program under Personal > Join project > Available project.
- Click on “Sign out.”
That’s it! Good luck. May the Force be with you now.
Share this Post