We first spotted Vivo’s V17 Pro at the Vivo NEX 3 launch in Shanghai, China, last month. Today, the Philippines finally gets the newest smartphone from the company, and our review of it should be up by tomorrow, October 10.
(Update, October 14: Our review is up! Read Vivo V17 Pro review: 6 cameras, 1 solid all-rounder.)
Priced at P21,999 (around $425), the V17 Pro — endorsed by Filipina celebrity Maine Mendoza — will be available starting October 19. However, you can already preorder it at any time between October 10 and 18. Early adopters will get these freebies worth P3,500 ($67): wireless Bluetooth earphones with charger box set and a limited edition T-shirt.
You may take advantage of these payment terms if you don’t want to pay in cash:
- Home Credit: 0% interest; 9 and 12 months
- BDO, BPI, Citi, Metrobank credit cards: 0% interest; 6, 12, and 24 months
The successor to the Vivo V15 Pro packs in an impressively wide array of cameras. There are six cameras on the Vivo V17 Pro, with two housed in the pop-up module and the other four on the back of the device.
The front-facing shooters include a 32-megapixel primary sensor and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle one, which will be useful for group selfies. Meanwhile, the camera system on the back consists of a 48-megapixel primary, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, 13-megapixel telephoto, and 2-megapixel depth sensors.
The Vivo V17 Pro runs on the same processor — Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 — as its predecessor and features Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie, too. It also comes with 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, as well as face unlock and an in-screen fingerprint reader.
Thanks to the phone’s pop-up camera mechanism, Vivo was able to make the display taller and notch-less. The Super AMOLED screen measures 6.44 inches and has a 2,400 x 1,080 resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio.
The 2.5D curved-edge glass on top of the panel is protected by Schott Xensation UP cover glass, while the back uses Corning Gorilla Glass 6 to make it more resistant to damage and wear and tear.
The Vivo V17 Pro’s battery has a large capacity at 4,100mAh, and it supports 18-watt USB-C fast charging.
Vivo V17 Pro TV commercial starring Maine Mendoza
Vivo V17 Pro specs
- 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution (20:9 aspect ratio)
- 11nm Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Quad: 48MP, f/1.8 main camera; 8MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor; 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Pop-up dual: 32-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera; 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera
- Face unlock
- Fingerprint reader (in-screen)
- 4,100mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Crystal Black, Crystal Sky, Midnight Ocean
Share this Post