Two Vivo smartphones are confirmed to be released in the Philippines, with one launching earlier than the other.
(Update, October 14: Our review is up! Read Vivo V17 Pro review: 6 cameras, 1 solid all-rounder.)
(Update, October 9: It’s official in the Philippines! Read Vivo V17 Pro with 6 cameras: PH price, availability.)
The Vivo V17 Pro and the Vivo NEX 3 — both of which we at Revü have seen in Shanghai, China, just a few weeks ago — will become official in the country. In fact, the former is already being teased online with the help of the company’s local endorser, Maine Mendoza.
Vivo V17 Pro Philippine launch teaser
Vivo V17 Pro
You won’t have to wait long for the V17 Pro. It will be unveiled in the Philippines October 9.
The highlight of the phone is its six — yes, six — cameras. The pop-up front-camera system consists of 32-megapixel main and 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle selfie shooters. The back brings together 48-megapixel primary, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, 13-megapixel telephoto, and 2-megapixel depth sensors.
In India, the Vivo V17 Pro with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at ₹29,990 (around P22,018 or $424). It will probably be a bit higher when it lands here because of higher taxes.
You can check out the full specs of the handset below:
- 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution (20:9 aspect ratio)
11nm Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor
Quad: 48MP, f/1.8 main camera; 8MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor; 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
Pop-up dual: 32-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera; 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera
Fingerprint reader (in-screen)
4,100mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
Colors: Crystal Black, Crystal Sky, Midnight Ocean
Vivo NEX 3
For the first time ever, Vivo is finally bringing a flagship phone here. No exact date has been announced, but it will be launched sometime in the fourth quarter of 2019, before December.
Introduced in China September 16, the Vivo NEX 3 is packed to the hilt. It sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus chip and up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
The circular camera module on the back houses three cameras — a 64-megapixel as main, a 13-megapixel for ultra-wide shots, and another 13-megapixel for telephoto. Selfies and face recognition is being taken care of by a 16-megapixel pop-up camera. Check out the full specs below:
- 6.89-inch Waterfall FullView display, 2,256 x 1,080 resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage
- Triple: 64MP, f/1.8 primary camera + 13MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide camera + 13MP, f/2.48 telephoto lens
- 16-megapixel, f/2.09 pop-up selfie camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 4,500mAh battery with 44-watt Vivo Super FlashCharge fast-charging
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Glowing Night, Liquid Galaxy
In China, the Vivo NEX 3 comes with the following price tags:
- 8GB/128GB (4G model): ¥4,998 (P36,411 or $702)
- 8GB/256GB (5G model): ¥5,698 (P41,510 or $800)
- 12GB/256GB (5G model): ¥6,198 (P45,153 or $870)
Share this Post