(Update, February 26: The K30 Pro is coming! Read Redmi K30 Pro launch teaser confirms front design, SD 865 with 5G.)
The X2 also marks POCO’s first release since announcing that it will operate independently from Xiaomi and market its devices separately. As the spiritual successor to the F1, though, the X2 might not be the phone you expect.
For starters, the POCO X2, as widely reported prior to its launch, is just a rebranded Redmi K30 4G. The latter has only been released in China so far, but the X2 isn’t a rebadge for the international market either, contrary to what some might believe. POCO says the X2 will initially be limited to India. There are no plans for a global launch at this time, so it might not come to the Philippines as a POCO phone.
The POCO X2’s hallmark features include a 6.67-inch LCD screen with 1080p resolution and a refresh rate of 120Hz that’s best suited for gaming
As for the specs, the X2’s hallmark features include a 6.67-inch LCD screen with 1080p resolution and a refresh rate of 120Hz that’s best suited for gaming. It also sees a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset under the hood, coupled with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
The smartphone runs MIUI 11 based on Android 10. The battery is rated at 4,500mAh, and the company has included a 27-watt power brick in the box for wired fast charging.
The POCO X2 will be available in India on ecommerce site Flipkart from February 11. The color options — blue, purple, and red — are exactly the same as for the Redmi K30, while the prices are as follows:
- ₹15,999 (P11,412 or $225): 6GB RAM/64GB storage
- ₹16,999 (P12,125 or $239): 6GB RAM/128GB storage
- ₹19,999 (P14,265 or $281): 8GB RAM/256GB storage
POCO X2 specs
- 6.67-inch FHD+, 2,400 x 1,080, 120Hz LCD screen
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Quad 64MP, f/1.89 (main), 8MP (ultra wide), 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth) rear cameras
- Dual 16MP (main), 2MP (depth) front cameras
- Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- 4,500mAh battery with 30-watt USB-C fast charging
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
Share this Post