The next Galaxy flagship series will be unpacked real soon — on August 5, to be exact.
(Update, August 5: And the series has been launched! Read Unpacked: Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Prices, specs here.)
(Update, July 24: Samsung Philippines is already taking blind preorders for the flagships! Read Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: PH preorder details.)
While the teaser Samsung Electronics posted earlier does not mention the specific “Galaxy Devices ecosystem designed to empower your life” to be launched, we’re 100% sure that the highlights are the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. After all, the video below already shows an S Pen stylus in Mystic Bronze, which is the same color as the phone that was “accidentally” posted on the Korean manufacturer’s Russian site.
Samsung Electronics has posted the launch date of Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2020 with an invitation to watch the livestream of the August 5 event. In the Philippines, it’s scheduled for 10 p.m. on that day
We could be seeing the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G foldable phones as well.
But ahead of the online event, there’s already a hands-on video of the more expensive Note, with a quick comparison to last year’s Samsung Galaxy Note 10. It’s hands down the most revealing “leak” we’ve seen thus far. Go check it out now.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra hands-on video by Jimmy Is Promo
Here’s a summary of the video’s content, in case you’d rather read or you can’t watch now because of an intermittent internet connection:
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is running Android 10-based One UI 2.5. The other smartphones that will be launched should ship with the same One UI version, too.
- The S Pen slot and speaker are now on the left side instead of on the right.
- The stylus looks like the S Pen from 2019, but it can now act as a pointer. This is welcome news — a great addition especially when you’re using the device in DeX mode.
- The camera is huge — bigger than the one on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- The top and bottom parts are flat.
August 5 is still almost a month away, so we’re pretty sure you’ll hear more of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra’s specs and features in the coming weeks. Also those of the other devices. For now, we’re curious: What do you think of what you’ve seen?
Share this Post