We’ve been waiting for this. Realme‘s first offering from its new V series smartphones has debuted today, August 3.
(Update, September 1: The new Realme V3 5G is now the most affordable 5G phone worldwide, priced from $150!)
The Realme V5 5G has been launched in China with the youth in mind. You can immediately recognize the intended market in the handset’s trendy design — which somehow reminds us of the Realme C11 and OPPO Reno 4 Pro — and you can see it in the price as well.
You see, the Realme V5 5G 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB variants will sell for only ¥1,499 and ¥1,899, respectively, starting from August 7 in China. That’s roughly P10,536 in Philippine pesos and $215 in U.S. dollars when converted for the base model and P13,351 and $272 for the version with the higher RAM, making the V5 the most affordable 5G phone to date.
Even better, the cheaper unit becomes even more budget-friendly on the first sale day, going for a mere ¥1,399 (P9,839 or $200).
So imagine how hopeful we at Revü are that this Realme will be released in the Philippines — and that it’s compatible with the newly rolled out 5G networks in the country, of course.
The V5 also marks the first time the company offers a unit with the new MediaTek Dimensity 720 chip and the second to do so after OPPO with the latter’s A72 5G. To refresh your memory, here’s a summary of what the SoC offers:
About the dual-mode MediaTek Dimensity 720 that powers the just-launched Realme V5 5G
The Realme V5 5G boasts a 6.5-inch 90Hz screen, a 48-megapixel quad camera, a 16-megapixel selfie shooter, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Android 10 layered with Realme UI, and a big battery rated at 5,000mAh — one that supports 30-watt fast charging. You can find this aggressively priced smartphone’s equally impressive specs below.
Realme V5 5G specs
- 6.5-inch LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 pixel resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch-sampling rate
- Octa-core 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel main (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel, f/2.3 ultra wide + 2-megapixel, f/2.4 macro camera + 2-megapixel, f/2.4 depth sensor
- 16-megapixel, f/2.1 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with support for 30-watt fast wired charging, 0%-100% in 65 minutes
- Android 10-based Realme UI
- Colors: Silver Winged Boy, Breaking Light, Blue
Share this Post