Our friends know this: We honestly feel that the Vivo X50 Pro and Vivo X50 phones are underrated camera phones. So while we haven’t used the Pro Plus model, we’re happy to see a unit from the series that got recognized by DxOMark.
Not that DxOMark is the be-all and end-all of camera benchmarks. But we tend to have the same conclusion as them for devices we’ve reviewed.
Priced from ¥4,998 (around P35,294 or $701), the Vivo X50 Pro Plus is now third in the rankings. It’s just a point shy of the Huawei P40 Pro and three points away from current No. 1 Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.
The smartphone boasts four cameras on the back. A 50-megapixel main sensor is paired with 13-megapixel ultra-wide and macro, 13-megapixel periscope, and 32-megapixel portrait lenses.
Its high photo score of 139 is right behind those of the Huawei and Xiaomi handsets as well. To quote DxMark: “The Vivo X50 Plus’s performance in Photo mode is generally excellent, with the phone delivering detailed, low-noise images with good color under most conditions. By flagship standards, a somewhat-lackluster wide camera is the only real weak point, though the bokeh simulation mode could use some polishing to match the best of the competition.”
Videography-wise, the Vivo X50 Pro Plus is said to give the best results when set to 4K resolution at 30 frames per second. There may be a bit of instability in exposure when recording videos, but it is definitely still accurate overall. The unit also delivers great details, low noise, efficient auto-focus, and reasonably effective stabilization. Its only weakness is supposedly in color rendition.
Those want to read DxOMark’s full camera review of the Vivo X50 Pro Plus may visit this page.
Vivo X50 Pro Plus specs
- 6.56-inch curved E3 AMOLED display, 2,376 x 1,080 resolution (19.8:9), 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1,300 nits brightness
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with 5G
- 8GB LPDDR5/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Quad 50-megapixel, f/1.6 (main), 13-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide, macro), 13-megapixel, f/3.4 (periscope zoom, up to 60x digital zoom), 32-megapixel (portrait) rear cameras
- 32-megapixel, f/2.4 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under display)
- 4,350mAh battery with 44-watt fast charging
- Funtouch OS 10.5 based on Android 10
- Colors: black, orange (leather)
Share this Post