Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
The world’s fastest-growing smartphone brand has welcomed the third addition to its number series.
Almost a month after the announcement of the Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro, the Realme 8 5G has debuted in Thailand, with an India launch set for tomorrow, April 22. We expect it to be rolled out to other markets — hopefully including the Philippines — in the next few weeks.
The 8GB/128GB model is priced at ฿9,999 (roughly P15,456 or $287 converted sans taxes) in our neighboring Southeast Asian country and is scheduled to be available May 4, with ongoing preorders ending until May 3. There’s a 4GB/64GB version, but it seems that Realme hasn’t revealed how much the variant costs just yet.
Realme 8 5G official product video
Powering the Realme 8 5G is the same 5G chip that devices such as the OPPO A55 5G, the Vivo Y72 5G and the Redmi Note 10 5G — MediaTek’s Dimensity 700. The cost-effective 7nm SoC has two Cortex-A76 CPU cores clocked at 2.2GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores as well as Mali-G57 MC2 graphics.
The FHD+ LCD screen is measured at 6.5 inches diagonally and gets a 90Hz refresh rate; the battery is big at 5,000mAh and supports up to 18 watts of fast charging; the rear camera is a triple setup, headlined by a 48-megapixel sensor; the selfie shooter is 16 megapixels; and the user interface is based on Android 11. You can see the full specs of the Realme 8 5G below.
Realme 8 5G specs
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 (FHD+) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.5% screen-body ratio, up to 600 nits brightness
- 7nm octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor with 5G
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage, expandable up to 1TB
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel main; 2-megapixel black and white; and 2-megapixel macro
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C charging
- Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Color options: Supersonic Blue and Supersonic Black
Share this Post