That was fast. After Samsung kicked the P30 Pro off its perch with the Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G on image-quality ratings site DxOMark in August, Huawei is back at the top with its latest flagship.
(Update, October 18: Local pricing is out! Read How much the Huawei Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro will cost in the Philippines.)
(Update October 4: Our review is up! Read Huawei Mate 30 Pro review: An ideal mate?)
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro is the new camera king, achieving a total score of 121 — or four points more than Samsung’s 5G phone. A huge part of it is because of the device’s jaw-dropping photography rating of 131. By comparison, the Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G scored 126.
According to DxOMark, the Mate 30 Pro is excellent in almost all still-image categories, but where the handset really shines is in texture and noise.
“The smartphone achieves the top scores for both attributes individually, which is unusual, given that a noise-free image typically means a loss of detail and vice-versa,” it explained.
In the videography department, the Huawei Mate 30 Pro got a high score of 100 — just one point less than the Note 10 Plus 5G’s 101 rating.
Refer to the image below for the summary of DxOMark’s test results. You can check out the full review here. It may “just” be a guide, but it’s still worth a read.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro specs
- 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2,400 x 1,176 resolution, 18.4:9 aspect ratio
- 7nm Octa-core Kirin 990 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB expandable storage
- Quad: 40MP, f/1.6 main camera; 40MP, f/1.8 ultra-wide-angle camera; 8MP, f/2.4 telephoto camera; 3D depth sensor
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 3D face unlock
- Fingerprint sensor (in-screen)
- 4,500mAh battery with 40-watt fast wired charging, 27-watt wireless charging
- EMUI 10 based on Android 10
Share this Post