(Update, October 29: It’s now official in the Philippines! See Vivo NEX 3 with 64MP circular triple cam launched in PH.)
According to the invitation sent to us, the successor to the NEX Dual Display will debut in the country on October 29. For whatever reason, the NEX Dual Display wasn’t released locally, nor did Vivo bring the original NEX here. Having said that, the NEX 3 launch will mark the first time that a true flagship from Vivo goes on sale in the Philippines.
The NEX 3 easily boasts the most impressive camera system Vivo has ever put in a phone, sporting three cameras on the back, including a 64-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor that’s 1/1.7-inch in size.
The larger surface area means it can gather more light, which in turn results in brighter and more detailed images. The auxiliary cameras come with telephoto and ultra-wide-angle lenses, with the latter pulling double duty as a dedicated macro camera.
The selfie camera, meanwhile, is a retractable pop-up type and has 16 megapixels with f/2.0 aperture. The company has partnered it with a fill light, which should be handy for taking selfies at night or in dark interiors.
The Vivo NEX 3 also features a gorgeous 6.89-inch waterfall or curved OLED screen running at 2,256 x 1,080. As expected of a premium Vivo handset, the display includes a fingerprint reader embedded into the front.
Inside, the smartphone packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB of native storage on the 5G variant. The 4G version is equipped with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. There’s also a 4,500mAh battery that supports 44-watt fast wired charging.
Here are the prices of the different NEX 3 models in China:
- 8GB/128GB (4G model): ¥4,998 (around P36,990 or $707)
- 8GB/256GB (5G model): ¥5,698 (P42,172 or $806)
- 12GB/256GB (5G model): ¥6,198 (P45,873 or $877)
We’ve been using our Vivo NEX 3 unit for weeks already, so expect a full review from us soon.
Vivo NEX 3 specs
- 6.89-inch Waterfall FullView display, 2,256 x 1,080 resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage
- Triple: 64MP, f/1.8 primary camera + 13MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide camera + 13MP, f/2.48 telephoto lens
- 16-megapixel, f/2.09 pop-up selfie camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 4,500mAh battery with 44-watt Vivo Super FlashCharge fast-charging
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Glowing Night, Liquid Galaxy
Share this Post