The Realme X50 5G, the brand’s first 5G smartphone, is official. And it’s everything we had expected it to be: a feature-rich device that can work on the next-gen mobile network but is not heavy on the wallet.
There are four options to choose from, and these are their respective prices in China, which will probably be higher in other markets:
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage: ¥2,499 (around P18,285 or $360)
- 6GB RAM/256GB storage: ¥2,699 (P19,748 or $389)
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage: ¥2,999 (P21,943 or $432)
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage — Master Edition by Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa: ¥3,099 (P22,675 or $446)
Take note that the Realme X50 5G’s base model is cheaper than the 8GB/128GB version of its competition, the Redmi K30 5G. The latter costs ¥2,599 (P19,017 or $374), and coincidentally, it’s also going on sale today, January 7.
At the heart of the smartphone is the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chip, which is also being used by Xiaomi’s Redmi K30 5G model and OPPO’s Reno 3 Pro.
The 6.57-inch screen has a fast refresh rate of 120Hz and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. On the upper-left side is a pill-shaped punch hole that houses two selfie cameras — a 16-megapixel main sensor is paired with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide one.
The back of the Realme X50 5G features four vertically arranged cameras with 64, 8, 12, and 2 megapixel counts. The primary shooter is the GW1 sensor from Samsung. And it has new features in the Super Night Scene 3.0 and UIS Max video-stabilization modes.
A 4,200mAh battery with 30-watt VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 technology powers the unit. The side-mounted power key serves as a fingerprint sensor. And the smartphone is running Realme UI based on Android 10. We don’t know the user interface’s difference from ColorOS 7, but it’s looking sleek.
Will the Realme X50 5G be the first 5G handset that the company will offer in the Philippines as soon as the service is available in the country? We’re not sure yet, but Realme Philippines did make a reference to the X50 in its latest post.
Realme X50 5G specs
- 6.57-inch LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.4% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor, SA/NSA dual-mode 5G
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage
- Quad rear cameras: 64MP (main, Samsung GW1 sensor), 8MP (ultra-wide, 119 degrees field of view), 12MP (telephoto), 2MP (macro)
- Dual 16MP (main), 8MP (ultra-wide, 105 degrees field of view) front cameras
- Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- 4,200mAh battery with 30-watt USB-C fast charging (VOOC Flash Charge 4.0)
- Realme UI based on Android 10
- Colors of the regular model: Glacier and Polar
Share this Post