(Update, May 13: Just launched! Read Realme 6i PH price starts at P7,990 [$159] and Realme 6i review: A budget phone you should not miss.)
(Update, May 8: It’s launching in the Philippines May 13 indeed! Read our initial review of the phone: Realme 6i first impressions: High-end gaming for the masses.)
(Update, May 7: Good news, Philippines! Read Realme 6i launching in the Philippines May 13, teaser indicates.)
The former OPPO sub-brand has unveiled the Realme 6i in Myanmar, and it’s the cheapest handset in the lineup, which includes the Realme 6 and Realme 6 Pro that previously debuted this month in India. It’s likely that the 6i will also arrive in the Philippines soon — perhaps at some point next month, along with the other handsets in the series.
The smartphone’s predecessor, the Realme 5i, hit stores in the Philippines last month with a price tag of P6,990, or around $135 converted.
However, the Realme 6i could retail at a slightly higher price point when it lands here. In Myanmar, here is the pricing:
- 3GB RAM/64GB storage: K249,990 (P9,138 or $177)
- 4GB RAM/128GB storage: K299,990 (P10,966 or $213)
Preorders for Realme’s latest offering begin tomorrow, March 18th, with shipping on March 29. It comes in Green Tea and White Milk colors.
The Realme 6i is the first phone to ship with a 12nm MediaTek Helio G80 chipset, which, like the Helio G70, is designed for affordable gaming-focused devices. The chipset utilizes a pair of Cortex-A75 CPUs operating up to 2GHz and six Cortex-A55 processors for better power efficiency. The G80 also packs Mali-G52 graphics, which is enough to run most taxing games smoothly at HD resolution.
READ ALSO: Realme C3 review: A real powerhouse for less
On the front, the 6i sports a 6.5-inch HD+ screen in 20:9 aspect ratio. It also has a 16-megapixel selfie camera housed inside the waterdrop notch. On the back, the phone is equipped with four lenses; the 48-megapixel main shooter is joined by an ultra-wide-angle camera, plus macro and depth sensors. There’s a fingerprint scanner on the rear, too.
Keeping the lights on is a sizable 5,000mAh battery capable of 18-watt fast charging over a USB-C port. As expected, the Realme 6i runs Android 10-based Realme UI out of the box.
Realme 6i specs
- 6.5-inch waterdrop LCD display, 1,600 x 720 resolution (20:9), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB expandable storage
- Quad 48-megapixel, f/1.8 (main), 8-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (macro), and 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
- Realme UI based on Android 10
Share this Post